Sunday, June 9, 2013

rollercoaster mania

My deep, dark confession for the week?

I'm secretly an addict.

A rollercoaster addict, that is. (Or a chocolate addict, but that's a whole other story that involves cupcakes baked at 8 am...)

This was such a well-guarded secret (or perhaps I was just in denial?) that I didn't discover it until last week, during my (last-ever!) end-of-year trip.

(this is some of us after we survived the biggest rollercoaster. Amazingly. I thought I was going to die)

Unfortunately, however, my group didn't even go on too many rollercoasters. As often happens when I am involved, we managed to get lost. (Although maybe that's the wrong term- let's call it 'disjointed wanderings' instead?) For this reason, instead of going on many different rides... we went on the swings three times.

But let's be honest here. Who doesn't love swings? (We definitely did- just watch us!)

With all this swinging, I didn't get a chance to take many photos- I was too busy trying not to pass out (and with that description, who wouldn't want to go on rollercoasters?)- but one of my friends did take a few while he was waiting for my other friend and I to go on this ride, as he had decided it was too 'childish'.

(I'm happy here because we hadn't yet started spinning. This soon changed)

He also had a conversation with himself between our phones. Really, I think coming on the ride with us would have been preferable... or maybe not, considering how sick and dizzy I felt afterwards. Spinny rides are officially Not For Me. (However, bumper cars are- a fact I also just discovered. My childhood was spent reading, not playing on these wonderful contraptions... how did I miss out?)

What do you think of amusement parks and rollercoasters? Any rides you'd never try?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I looove roller coasters!
    Sheikra in Busch Gardens is seriously the most terrifying roller coaster I've ever been on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your graduation! Love your list below of things for your younger self. Good advice there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rollercoasters and swings scare me so much! I wish I was brave enough to go on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. argh, i can't tease you about having finished school before you anymore xD roller coasters scare the living poop outta me xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once tried out a ride on a roller coaster ! I came out of there GREEN ! never ever I would put my feet in these cabins again !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love roller coasters!

    Absolutely.

    Totally.

    Completely.

    Love them!

    Not a big fan of round and round and round and round and round and round (etc.) rides in a circle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)