Monday, March 4, 2013

sugar and spice and everything nice

It is my cherished belief that you are never the wrong age to:
a) wear pretty dresses
b) drink tea
c) have a birthday party.

That's why, this past weekend, I combined all three! (My guests were ordered to come wearing dresses en lieu of the usual gift-bearing... okay no I just like ordering them around, no trade-off involved cause you know, presents!)


just to show how cold our house is... my poor guests needed to wrap up well


omg tea. there are no words.


also, food. isn't everything so tiny and pretty?


we headed upstairs for a photo shoot, and Tilney finally got some love


see? I'm not the only one who loves hats!


Cécile and I are spies, while Kori is our obliviously happy spy-ee? 


Bronwynne is also part of our amazing spy cult, watch out


...while Anna just likes frogs (there were probably 20 photos similar to this one)


after so much exertion, more food was necessary before Tamara ate our heads off (or Cécile's spun all the way off...)


there were fights over who got to eat... the pickles? 


OMG LISTS... let's just say my friends know me well. 


 this bag was also a contested favourite... I wouldn't be surprised if my basement was raided later


snow angels are equally ageless!


...although I personally don't see the appeal of sitting on the road

The next section of the evening was free of photographic evidence... but let's just say it involved more food, and more screaming. (AKA: we watched a horror movie. That is, some people watched a horror movie. I fell asleep, so obviously it could not have been that traumatizing...) 


note that I am alone here because no one else wanted to show off their gorgeous mask
seriously I don't understand why

...and that was that! (Apologies for the lack of text in this post- I'm currently in the midst of packing for France (confession: you can barely see my floor under the mountains of clothes) and my creative inspiration is therefore running a bit dry... being entirely devoted to figuring out gorgeous outfits!)

Thank you to all who attended... and to the chefs (/cult/parents) who made such a lovely spread possible! (and ensured that no one's head was eaten... I truly was worried at some points!) Do you still have birthday parties? What about tea parties? 

6 comments:

  1. I love this post. Makes me sort of jealous about the tea party with actual china!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little cupcakes! OMG, I want some! You guys looked like you had a ton of fun. :) Have fun in France!
    www.kawaiicoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! And even more so to pretty dresses. I'll wear them right into my old age ;-) Love the snow angels too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best party ever <3 And next time we're doing a themed photo it would be helpful if PEOPLE TOLD ME FIRST! XD Yeah... I'm still glad I didn't go outside :P And omg good lord, *that bag*...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)