Saturday, May 12, 2012

groundbreaking news


The ground-breaking for construction at my school started yesterday. (Hahaha, see the pun? Yes, sadly, I do laugh at its lameness.) As the proud vice-president of Student Council (this is just how cool I am) I got to attend and...what? Hold a shovel? Smile vacantly? I had no idea. (And, of course, it would be I decided not to wear makeup.) Basically, I was just hoping not to fall into any holes.

It was a disappointment. There weren’t even any holes to trip into- just a lot of men in suits who had put on too-small construction helmets and were holding gold-painted shovels. (Yes, it was that tacky. As though anyone would actually use that…) We posed for a few photos (yay for ‘student involvement’, right?) and then headed back inside…

To discover that there was STILL FOOD LEFT. Everyone plunged on the snacks (which were technically for all the VIPs who were there, but who cares?) like starving hyenas who hadn’t eaten in three months. (They’re just that cool.) I exclude myself from this because I wanted Quickie coffee at lunch and so decided not to partake of sugar now. (If you like sweet coffee drinks and haven’t tried it at the Quickie, go. NOW. It’s delicious, cheap and makes me more wound up than the Energizer bunny on crack.) Are ‘groundbreakings’ usually this dull? (Although, let’s face it, highschool students + food= instant joy in any case.) Really, the term itself doesn't even apply...

Just to show off its beauty and prove that the day wasn't entirely wasted, here's a picture of my coffee (note the blurred background. That's basically how the world appears through the excitement of a caffeine haze...): 


How was your Friday?

10 comments:

  1. i do hope you won't fall into the hole. now i'm so dang curious to taste the Quickie coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try my best ;) And yes, you totally should!

      Delete
  2. You should post some photos from school.
    I don't drink any coffee, I love hot chocolate or milkshake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hot chocolate too! Sweet and warm... mmm :)

      Delete
  3. sounds like fun ;) everything is better with coffee involved imo and that one sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a funny time with all those men in tiny construction hats and you having to look all VP like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that part was pretty amusing :) If only I'd gotten to wear a hat, it would have been even better!

      Delete
  5. I love your writing! Watch, after the construction is done, it'll be the red ribbon with giant scissors. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ooh, that part sounds kinda fun... although I foresee someone accidentally getting stabbed xD

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)